We’ve been fortunate to have a mild autumn, so far, but Old Man Winter is just around the corner. With lower temps comes the threat of snow and ice and with that comes the danger of slipping and falling. All of us at Syntex Industries wants you to be safe, but if you do get injured, we have Show’rbags so you can take a shower with a cast or injury.
Slips, trips, and falls are the number one cause of injury at home and at work. Here are some tips to help keep you safe this winter.
Tips for Preventing Slips and Falls
- Take your time. When you are in a hurry, is probably the time you will slip and fall. Make sure you have plenty of time to get where you’re going.
- When you are getting in or out of a vehicle, be careful. Use the vehicle for support and make sure you have good footing. If you do fall, you’ll probably be in an awkward position, which can lead to more severe injuries.
- If you have to use the steps, make sure you use the railings for support and that you have your foot planted firmly on the step. Sliding down a set of steps may be funny in a movie, but the bruises and pain you’ll have after won’t be humorous at all.
- When entering a building after walking through snow and ice, try to remove as much from your shoes as you can. Hitting a waxed floor with wet feet is a recipe for disaster!
- Walking on a snow or ice covered walkway takes a little change in your stride. Take shorter steps and walk slower than normal. This will give you time to react if the surface changes under your foot.
- If you do fall, try not to break your fall with your arms. Your bottom can take the fall better than the bones of your arms and wrists.
- If you fall backward, try and tuck your chin, preventing your head from hitting the ground.
- Even if a sidewalk or other walkway looks like it has been cleared, still use caution. Black ice is hard to see and is just as slippery as an ice-covered surface. In addition, fog and dew can freeze, leaving an extra thin cover of ice on the sidewalk.
- Walking on slippery surfaces is bad enough on a normal day, if you are carrying heavy items, you are asking for trouble. The heavy items will throw off your sense of balance, making it more difficult to walk and preventing you from using your arms to balance yourself.
Show’rbags from Syntex Industries
If you do happen to slip and fall this winter and end up with bandages or a cast, Syntex Industries can help you keep up with your day to day activities. We are proud to offer the Show’rbag. This protective bag protects casts and bandages from getting wet while showering. You can use the Show’rbag repeatedly and it’s easy to use. We have sizes ranging from large adult to infant and toddler.
Talk To Sales Now
Contact us today to learn more about all of our products, including the unique and useful Show’rbag!